| Sathi Ravi Kanth Reddy |
|Email : firstname.lastname@example.org || |
|Website : srkrlab.com |
|Mobile : + 91 9346360919, +91 9885830838 |
|Residence : + 91 891 6640484 |
|President @ MEECONS |
|Climate Leader @ The Climate Reality Project |
|Office Address: ||Home Address: |
|Senior Manager, CSR,Fluentgrid LimitedLevel-5, 9-29-19/A, Waltair Heights, Balaji Nagar,Visakhapatnam - 530003Andhra Pradesh, India. ||D.No: 4-43-15/4, F-3,First Floor, Kagithala Vari Street,Pedawaltair, Visakhapatnam - 530017,Andhra Pradesh, India. |
To make best use of my communication, research, educative, designing and analytical abilities for the benefit of myself, the organization I work in, environment and the society as a whole.
Also want to inspire people to make them socially and environmentally responsible individuals and teach them environmental education, esp., the children, and to promote wildlife conservation. Reach to as many people as possible through MEECONS, Climate Reality, NGOs and various CSR groups.
- Master of Science (M. Sc.) in Agricultural Biotechnology, April 2007.
Andhra University, Andhra Pradesh, India – 79.16 %.
- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) in Life Sciences, March 2005.
Al–Ameer Degree College (Affiliated to Andhra University), Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India – 81.5%.
Subjects: Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
- Intermediate in Botany, Zoology, Physics and Chemistry (Bi.P.C), March 2001.
Alfa Junior College, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India – 88.0%.
- Secondary Schooling (10th) from C.B.S.E, March 1999.
Zakir Hussain Model Sr. Sec School, U.P, India – 63.0%.
- Desktop Management Course from APTECH, 1999.
MS-Office and basic internet concepts.
- An online certificate course in "Mastering CSR" organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Madras.
|Work Experience: |
- Working as Senior Manager, CSR in Fluentgrid Limited (formerly Phoenix IT Solutions Ltd), Visakhapatnam from 28th May, 2015.Responsibilities:
- Organizing event in Kirlampudi Layout as a part of Letís Get Smart Kirlampudi initiative. Kirlampudi Layout is being transformed into a smart colony by various technological initiatives along with continuous sensitization on making colony green, clean and living a healthy life style.
- Constant updating of the One Vizag website (www.onevizag.org) with upcoming events, information related to events done, initiatives taken up in Kirlampudi. Creating new facilities to attract more citizen participation.
- In coordination with various municipal and government bodies to get permission for activities done in Kirlampudi.
- Representing Fluentgrid in official meets, seminars and workshops related to CSR.
- Plan and implement various events and initiatives in Kirlampudi.
- Worked as Assistant Professor from June 2012 to July 2013Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Anil Neerukonda Institute of Technology and Sciences (ANITS)Sanghivalasa, Visakhapatnam Dist, Andhra Pradesh, India.Responsibilities:
- Teaching Bioinformatics and Environmental Biotechnology to III/IV, IV/IV B. Tech. Biotechnology students and I/II M. Tech. Biotechnology students.
- Conducting labs in Bioinformatics for IV/IV B. Tech. and I/II M. Tech. Biotechnology students, and Cell and Molecular Biology for III/IV B. Tech. Biotechnology students.
- Conducting seminars to both B. Tech. and M. Tech. Biotechnology students.
- Presenting interactive media in the field of Life Sciences through the departmental e-BT Club.
- Guided 2 student projects.B. Tech. Student Projects:
- Study of Transformation Efficiencies of Different Agrobacterium Strains Based on Transient Expression of GUS
- Development of Standalone ORF Finder Tool Using Practical Extraction and Reporting Language (PERL)
- Regular updation of departmental activities in college website.
- Worked as a Full time Ph. D. Research Scholar under Prof. K. Uma Devi, Feb 2008 to April 2014.
Department of Botany, Andhra UniversityVisakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Worked as Project Assistant in a microalgal private consultancy project under Prof. K. Uma Devi, May 2007 to Jan 2008.
Department of Botany, Andhra UniversityVisakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
|Voluntary Service: |
- Established a non-profit non-governmental organization called Mother Earth Environmental Consciousness Society (MEECONS) to work on environmental issues in and around Vizag
- Active and core member of Mission Akash Ganga (MAG) and Trendsetters Charitable Trust (TCT) which work on implementation of rainwater harvesting in urban areas and social issues respectively
- Various activities involved and my role:
- One of the main organizers of Coastline Cleaning Campaign (CCC) organized on 7th October, 2012, involving 14 NGOs - aimed at creating awareness among people on littering and to keep the beaches clean.
- One of the main organizers of Coastline Cleaning Campaign - II (CCC-II), organized on 30th June, 2013, involving 22 NGOs - aimed at creating awareness among people on littering and to keep the beaches clean.
- Heading the Clean Beach Campaign (CBC) - a signature campaign to collect one lakh signatures to compel the local government authorities to implement a ban on sale of plastic products and impose penality on littering all along the beach roads.
- Organized awareness rally on Rainwater Harvesting on 30th September, 2012.
- Donated blood 7 times
- Organized Cleanup Your Wardrobe (CYW) - collection of old, unused clothes from Lawsons Bay colony and MVP Sector 2. The collected clothes were distributed in slums and among the tribal villages of Araku and Paderu areas.
|Work executed: |
- Development of PHP and PERL based basic bioinformatics tools - DotPlot, Sequence Analyzer, ORF Finder.
- Analysis of the intergenic sequences from Escherichia coli K12 MG1655.
- Designing of the database backend using MySQL.
- Working with many applications on both windows and linux platforms.
- Establishment of culture room, establishment and maintenance of algal and yeast cultures.
- Microscopy and microphotography.
- Optimisation of various cultural and nutritional conditions of algae and yeast.
- Fermentation of yeast at lab scale (7 lit) and industrial scale (50 lit).
|Skills, Strengths & Weaknesses: |
|Computational Skills: |
- Computer savvy – enables me to work continuously for hours productively on computational works.
- Good hold on programming logic, web designing and database integration.
- Good at handling and understanding complex logical code and learning any new tool or language with in a short time.
- Softwares used so far – MS–Office (Very good at Excel and Power Point), Statistica, Sigma Plot, Photoshop, EndNote, Linux, MySQL, Standalone Blast, UNAFold, MEGA, BioEdit, WAMP Server.
|Biology Skills: |
- Very Good at microscopy and microphotography.
- Very good at handling of microbial cultures, culturing and isolation techniques.
- Very good at instrument handling.
- Have very good trouble shooting capability.
- Very good at gathering information from various sources, esp. the Internet.
- Have the ability to grasp the things very quickly.
- Keenly interested in learning and exploring new things.
- Good at interpreting and analysing the scientific data.
- Have the capability to help others and make the team move ahead together.
- Tend to get out of focus some times – deal with it by reminding myself about my priorities on a regular basis.
- Try to be perfect in everything I do which sometimes makes it difficult for me to meet the deadlines – am learning to get rid of absolute perfection by analysing the work at every step.
- Certified Climate Reality Leader Ė trained in Climate Reality Leadership Corps Training from 22-24 Feb, 2015 in New Delhi by The Climate Reality Project. Profile on The Climate Reality Project.
- CSIR Senior Research Fellow (SRF) from 1st April 2011 (Ack. No.: 181219/2K10/1).
- Qualified for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC NET held on 17th June, 2007 (Roll No.: 312923).
- Qualified in GATE 2007 held on 11th February, 2007 (Reg. No: XL 694421).
- UGC RFSMS (Research Fellowships in Science for Meritorious Students) JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) from 1st January 2009 to 31st March 2011 in Department of Botany, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India.
- Stood first at the university level during my post graduation (M.Sc.) in Agricultural Biotechnology, 2005 – 2007.
- Awarded for being the part of the Cricket team that won the Departmental Cricket Tournament during Post Graduation.
- Awarded for being an active member in the various committees during the Industrial and Educational Tour to North India in Post Graduation.
- Been an active organizing member of the CLC Bio Workshop on Bioinformatics in the Department of Botany on 24th Jan 2007.
- Member of Quality Circle, Department of Botany during Post Graduation, 2005-2007.
|Research Papers & Publications: |
- Utility of a reflector for energy saving in plant tissue and algal culture laboratories, Ravi Kanth Reddy Sathi, Uma Devi Koduru and Akbar Ali Khan Pathan, Current Science, Vol. 99, No. 5, September 2010. link
|Professional Activities: |
- Presented two modules Protein Structure Prediction and Programming for Sequence Analysis at “ANIJIG–MATICS” a three day national workshop on Bioinformatics held at Anil Neerukonda Institute of Technology & Sciences (ANITS), Sangivalasa, Visakhapatnam from 9th to 11th September, 2011.
- Designing and creation of the Escherichia coli Intergenic Sequence (ECOLIGS) Database – A database of sequence and structural features of all the intergenic sequences from the organism E. coli K12 MG1655. ECOLIGS can be accessed here.
- As a part of departmental duties under the UGC RFSMS fellowship, have been teaching Bioinformatics along with the practicals to M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology students of the Department of Botany, Andhra University, India from January 2009.
- Guest lecture on Bioinformatics for M.Sc. Microbiology and Biochemistry students of Al–Ameer Institute of Management and Technology Degree & P.G. College, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India on 17th August, 2010.
- Poster presentation on “Bioparts – A Knowledgebase of Novel Functional Parts Derived from Not Coding Regions of Genome” in Biodesign India 1.0 – Symposium on Synthetic Biology, held at Thiruvanathapuram by Centre for Systems & Synthetic Biology, University of Kerala, Thiruvanathapuram, Kerala, India from 7th to 9th October, 2010.
- Oral and poster presentation on “EKA – An Online Knowledgebase of Potentially Functional Intergenic Regions” in Bioinformatica indica 2010 – An International Symposium on Computational Biology, Structural Bioinformatics & Systems Biology held at and organized by Centre for Bioinformatics, University of Kerala, Thiruvanathapuram, Kerala, India from 11th to 13th January, 2010.
- Poster presentation on “Screening for Lipid Rich Algae through Confocal Fluorescence Microscopy” in National Conference on Recent Developments in Cultured Algae organized by Ocean and Atmospheric Science & Technology Cell (MoES), Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India from 4th to 5th April, 2009.
- Participated in the Algae Biofuel International Summit 2008 organized by the Growdiesel Climate Care Council from 17th to 19th September, 2008.